Getting dental work done can be very expensive, which is why choosing the right dental plan to benefit you and your family is extremely important.
So having comprehensive dental insurance could mean the difference between delaying important oral healthcare or living with cavities. But, as most people would agree, some coverage is better than no coverage.
Types of Dental Plans
- Preferred Provider Organization (PPO). This plan has a contract with a network of dentists who agree to charge a certain fee for approved services. Although, patients are allowed to use their benefits at any dentist whether they are in the plan’s network or not.
- Health maintenance Organization (HMO). This plan allows you to select a dentist that is in the insurance’s network which you will need to rely on for all your oral healthcare. That is unless you are referred to a specialist.
- Discount or referral. This plan is a panel of dentist who have agreed to perform services for enrollees at a specific discounted price and/ or they discount their usual charge.
When shopping around for dental plans in Lafayette and Broussard, LA, it is important to keep in mind that even though an employer-sponsored plan seems like the best route to go, it does not mean that the plan will be right for you.
It is always wise to check out the details before selecting a plan. Know what the policy covers to budget for your dental expenses, both expected and unexpected, and know when it goes into effect.
Tips for Choosing the Right Dental Plan
It would be wise to obtain various written quotes to compare and to help you find the right dental plan that best suits you and your family.
Keep in mind all the costs that go into a dental plan, not just the monthly premiums. Remember, there may also be deductibles, co-pay, and other expenses included.
If you already have a preferred dentist that you are comfortable with, then it might benefit you to inquire about the insurance programs the office accepts or if they offer an alternative to regular dental insurance plans. For example, at Guilliot Family Dentistry, we provide a dental plan that makes dental care affordable for you and your loved ones.
Make sure you understand the restrictions a dental plan has before agreeing to it. It may not cover specific dental procedures that you or your family could one day require.
An easy way to find out which plans are available nearest you is by searching the zip code.
Analyzing your family dynamics will help you decide on which plan is best for you. For instance, if you have small children, then ongoing additional services will be needed for a few years.
If you have family members who engage in sports, then they could be at a higher risk for dental emergencies. Always inquire about the procedure involved in getting proper treatment for emergencies and the coverage needed.
Protecting you and your family’s teeth long-term should be a priority. Adults and children with dental benefits are more likely to go to the dentist, receive restorative care, and experience greater overall health. When purchasing your dental coverage plan, it is crucial to be aware of what procedures are covered and what are not.
If you or someone you know is looking for a dental plan in the Lafayette or Broussard area, look no further than Guilliot Dental Plan. With a low annual membership fee, you and your family will get to enjoy an array of services, including:
- Discounted rates on dental services, such as cosmetic, preventative, and restorative.
- Biannual diagnostic x-rays, dental cleaning, and dental exam.
- 50% off at home bleaching kit
- 30% off in office products
By enrolling in Guilliot Dental Plan, you will not have to worry about deductibles, waiting periods, yearly maximums, or even the pre-authorization process. To learn more about Guilliot Dental Plan or schedule an appointment, contact us at 337-237-1843 (Lafayette office) or 337-252-7333 (Broussard office). Our two locations help us better serve a wider range in the Acadiana area.
Our dedicated staff at Guilliot Family Dentistry will provide you with the best dental care possible. A better life starts with a beautiful smile at Guilliot Family Dentistry.