Traditional surgery used to be the only gum disease treatment available for those patients with moderate to severe periodontal disease, but that is no longer the case. The PerioLase® MVP-7™ laser and the LANAP® protocol (Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure) have offered a minimally invasive alternative to patients who are experiencing bleeding and swollen gums, loose teeth, and shifts in their bite.
Advantages of Laser Gum Surgery
- Patients report experiencing less pain and discomfort after laser gum surgery. Pain medications are rarely prescribed and most patients are able to manage any discomfort with an over-the-counter pain reliever
- This gum disease treatment requires no scalpels or sutures to complete. Laser gum surgery is minimally invasive, rendering faster healing times for our patients
- After having laser gum surgery, most patients return to work the next day. There is less downtime with this gum disease treatment than traditional surgery
- Laser gum surgery can reduce the inflammation in your mouth by up to 90% within the first visit for gum disease treatment. This is due to the fact that the laser eradicates only the bacteria and diseased tissue
- Gum disease treatment using this protocol is proven to regenerate bone. No other gum disease treatment can make this statement
- There are no contraindications for laser gum surgery. This gum disease treatment is acceptable for patients who have medical conditions or take medication
- In a traditional surgery, the gum tissue is cut to allow the dentist to perform the gum disease treatment. This can actually create gum recession. This is not the case with laser gum surgery as gum tissue does not need to be cut with a scalpel or sutured
Gum Disease Treatment
The most important advantage offered by laser gum surgery is that it is an effective gum disease treatment. Laser gum surgery saves your teeth and regenerates bone with less pain and less downtime. Gum disease treatments are performed in two sessions, making laser gum surgery a more convenient, more comfortable option for our patients.
Dr. J. Albert Guilliot, located in Lafayette, LA, is a Dentist who services patients from Rayne, LA, Breaux Bridge, LA, and Carencro, LA. We are looking forward to welcoming you to our office and encourage you to schedule your appointment today!